Saturday, September 2, 2023

First blog post

 





https://animoto.com/play/Sm10unseSp6TGu9ZQ1EyvQ

My experience using technology has been mostly for work purposes. I do not use social media, other than Dojo for my classroom. I have done my entire college career online so I feel comfortable using technology for that. I have just started using Google suite for my classroom and I am now getting the hang of it. Prior to that I was a Microsoft user. Some technology is easy to use, some is hard, and some is just right. It really just depends on what the tech is. I am pretty good at following directions when it comes to using something for the first time. I use technology all day in the classroom. My teaching slides are on the board, I use a camera to demonstrate from my desk, and the students use laptops for reading and math programs. 

5 comments:

  1. I absolutely loved your philosophy of education. Especially the part about letting kids be kids and allowing for mistakes to be made. Students need the freedom and autonomy to make mistakes in order to truly learn and succeed. We need to provide them with that safe space in order for them to really grow and understand the world around them. If they feel as if hey can't make mistakes, they will then be more likely to give up and stop trying when things get tougher.
    In regards to your technology use, are there any fun and interactive websites you have the kiddos use when they are working on their laptops? I'm trying to incorporate more technology during lessons that are interactive for the students to get them excited about learning the content.
    Thank you for your post. I really enjoyed watching your video.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your honesty with technology. I may need you to help me navigate some things. I am not confident and comfortable with technology. And I do not like meme's, at all, but yours made me laugh out loud!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Liana, I love seeing more how you feel about teaching. I love how you value the uniquenesses of every student and encourage them to be themselves. I wish I could see you in action!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your blog, since it has all different kinds of memes. Using technolgy to teach will take a while to get use to. I sometimes can't find all the things that I created on my Google drive.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Technology has all of its good and bad. Technology isn't always friendly either, especially if it is one that you use on a daily basis for your classroom. You are open and honest with yourself and that shows us that you are learning, alongside your students as well. That's awesome!

    ReplyDelete

https://docs.google.com/document/d/18bhAerqrctgUvRYTYKQwJunF72q0rbufEOIUhBOryIs/edit?usp=drive_link